Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween

Friday was the Halloween party on campus. It seems it's something the Japanese students put on just because the international students are used to the holiday. I didn't really see any of the Japanese students dressed up, except for a number of very convincing crossdressers.

Anyway, there was a horde of people in Pikachu suits, which I totally would have gotten in on if they'd told me about it. They all headed down to a shop called Don Quixote's (which I still can't find) and bought the suits for 3000 yen. I'm thinking I might get one just for the kicks. They're really soft and apparently really comfortable.

At one point, they made a pyramid, but they fell over before I could get a picture of it.

There were ninja and Power Rangers and samurai and quite a few Michael Jacksons and just generally people having a good time.

I didn't have anything, so I put on my sad Voltorb hat (one of Emi's Noggin Toppers from the first year, a mistake hat) and wore my Pacific jacket with white pants. Sad Voltorb was sad, but it passed for a costume. I did get asked at least twice if I was Santa... 


In other news, I'm about done with Blogger and its stupid picture uploader.

Michael Jackson off.

1 comment:

  1. Holy... there's a store called Don Quixote's?!?!?!

    MUST GO!

    someday...

    ReplyDelete