Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Looking Up (Edit 3)

This week's been pretty good so far.  I met with Shimotani-sensei Monday to talk about the presentation I botched, not realizing she had suggested it as a 'recap your project in Japanese when you come' thing.  I left with the intention to come back the same day, but I just couldn't get myself into the right mindset within the time limit.  When I went back up to tell her this, she handed me The Introvert Advantage for me to borrow/read for the rest of the semester.  I don't think I've really had a teacher/professor care that much since Dartmouth.

Tuesday we got our chapter tests back for Reading & Writing and Spoken.  82 and 88, so doing pretty good.  I had lunch in the cafeteria for the first time in a month or so before going over what I wanted to say in my recap a few more times and heading to Shimotani-sensei's office.  I was there for 20-25 minutes.  She let me get through a bit of what I'd memorized so I was comfortable before she started asking questions--and then she'd give me an opening to go back to the presentation.  It was pretty awesome.

I finally opened the awesome Kit-Kat I picked up on the way back from the opening of the Osaka Pokemon Center and shared some with Ryan...  It's possibly the best thing ever.  I will be finding more before I leave to bring home with me.  By the way... it was Sweet Potato flavor.

My final blog post for Visual Anthropology is due today; it'll be up at some point.  Tomorrow I have the reading test for R&W and the oral test for Spoken.  Friday I have an in-class essay in R&W.  Fun times.

Oh, and I finished a couple scarves in the past weeks.  One is for Okaasan and the other... well, I'll let you guess.
















EDIT:  Professor Hlawatsch passed back the biographies today (remember the "Writing Home" post with the paper I wrote and that bibliography and such).  30/30.  Score.  He really liked how it took the form of writing to friends rather than being just another dry biography.

EDIT 2/3:  Took my Reading and Writing Japanese reading test and did pretty darned well on it.  Took the Spoken Japanese oral exam and definitely made some mistakes, but I was able to understand and answer accordingly.  I do believe I did fairly well.  Also, thank you, to those I talked to about this who didn't resort to childish giggling at my "oral exam."  -.-;

No comments:

Post a Comment