Thursday, September 23, 2010

Typhoonderstorm

Wednesday was full of surprises.

For starters, my oldest friendship bracelet came off during history--the blue, yellow and orange one I got from Emma during SOS in 2009.  It was more than a year old and definitely showing its wear.  My first thought was that there wasn't enough orange on my wrist any longer.

I had a message in my mailbox to go to the office... I was informed that for the past two weeks, I haven't actually been enrolled in Shinto, despite having turned in the add/drop form and getting the necessary signatures.  Or, the signatures I was told were necessary.  Apparently to get into the class at this point, I need a Dean's signature, something they neglected to tell me before absolutely necessary.  I'm more dedicated to that class than half the people actually in it.  I've been on time to every class and had all the homework done.  Pisses me off that Kansai Gaidai can't let me know simple details like I'm not actually in a class.

There was a group that went to Kyoto for the moon viewing, but they left at 5 p.m. while I was in class, so I didn't get to go with them.  The full moon was rather beautiful, what I could see of it through the clouds moving in.

And those clouds were definitely moving in.

There was a rather powerful typhoon that hit Wednesday night/Thursday morning, about 4 a.m.  It poured.  It lightninged.  It thundered.  It shook the house.  It woke me up, if that wasn't already obvious.  The storm was definitely centered over the house for the most of it.  Didn't reach its end until well after 9 in the morning.

Okaasan made yakisoba for lunch.  I worked on my crocheting and played some Pokemon and showed Okaasan more pictures.  It's official--I can't connect to the Internet at home.  So I really do only have Internet while I'm at school.

I went shopping with her for dinner ingredients.  She mentioned that because I have a license and her daughter's car is American-style, I can drive it.  We didn't go into detail, though.  I helped her make dinner (cooked with chopsticks!) of hamburger/meatloaf.  It was rather tasty.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie,

    Excellent new word - typhoonderstorm! Too bad about the Shinto class; are you definitely out or can you appeal to the dean?
    I remember yakisoba how fun.
    They drive on the other side of the street don't they? Should be interesting to try driving.
    Calm to you, Frank

    ReplyDelete